Why Choose Norvell?
Norvell formulations offer a beautiful instant bronze with a smooth transition to a natural DHA tan. Results are natural across a broad spectrum of skin shades and tones.
Skin firming formula builds and restores the skin’s matrix, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The highly concentrated antioxidant blend combats daily skin damage.
Clients can expect 5-7 days of gorgeous just off the beach color with proper maintenance. An even color fade ensures complete customer satisfaction.
- Not Just a Tan, it’s a Healthy Skin Treatment Too
- Natural Color Results for Any Skin Type
- Guaranteed Fast Drying , Non-Sticky and Streak-Free Formula.
- No “Orange” Color Development & Odor Inhibitors Control DHA After Tan Odor
- Lasting Results
Full Body Application
Half Body Application
Package of 4 Full Body Applications
Airbrush Tanning FAQs
- How should I prepare for my session?
- Should I choose level 1, 2 or 3 for my airbrush tan?
- Will a sunless tan provide me with sun protection?
- Does the spray solution have a bad smell?
- Understanding a ‘bronzer’ Spray Application
- Do I need to towel off or rub the tanning solution into my skin after the session?
- How long will my airbrush tan last?
- How long should I wait to shower?
- How should I care for my tan after my session?
- Should I be concerned with inhaling sunless overspray, and how can I prevent inhalation?
- The FDA and Norvell® proactively recommend the following for your airbrush tanning session:
- Airbrush Tanning vs Spray Tanning
Up to 24 hours before your session, we recommend using a mild body polish or exfoliator. Any heavy exfoliation or oily scrubs should not be used 24 – 48 hours before your session.
Shaving and waxing should also be done at least 24 hours in advance.
For best sunless results the skin should be clean of any barriers like moisturizer, sweat, perfume and makeup. You should use deodorant sparingly.
Hair Caps may be worn to protect blonde or grey hair, but is not necessary for darker hair, as any small amounts that may get in the hair will wash out. Your spray tan technician will also use Norvell® Neat Feet™ foot protectors and Norvell® Neat Hands™ hand protectors to shield the bottoms of your feet and the palms of your hands from sunless solution.
You should choose a level based on how dark you would like your sunless tan to be:
- Level 1: great for fair skin tones and those who are seeking a ‘natural glow’.
- Level 2: creates a darker tan, suitable for all skin tones.
- Level 3: for those seeking the darkest sunless tan.
No. DHA does not build melanin in the skin as a sun tan does. DHA works with the amino acids and body oils found in the outer layer of skin to turn them tan. It is important to use an SPF when going outside to protect the skin from the sun’s rays.
Our salon offer’s a ‘bronzer’ spray application:
Bronzer: Temporary Cosmetic Bronzers provide and immediate tan color while your DHA sunless tan is developing. Your actual sunless tan will darken over the next 24 hours. You will see the temporary cosmetic color washing off your body during your first shower. This is completely normal. Your actual developed sunless tan will not wash away, though it may appear slightly lighter in color after cosmetic bronzers are removed from the skin.
Special Note: Temporary cosmetic bronzers may rub off on light colored clothing and furnishings, but typically wash out of most items.
No. The spray tan solution will not drip or run on the body. There is virtually no stickiness or dry time once your session is complete.
On average your tan should last up to 5-7 days. There are many factors that determine this length including how you prepare your skin and care for your skin after your tan.
For your first shower, we recommend a warm (not hot) water rinse only – no soap. You may shower as soon as 4 hours; however, for best results we recommend waiting 8 to 24 hours. Showering prematurely may result in a lighter tan. The active sunless ingredient, DHA, continues to work with your skin for up to 24 hours. Waiting longer will give you a deeper, longer lasting sunless tan.
Wear dark, loose fitting clothing until your first shower when you wash the cosmetic bronzers off your skin. Avoid any water related activities such as: sweating, working out, showering, swimming, saunas, rain, massages, pedicures, manicures.
Long soaks in any body of water can prematurely fade your tan. Keep skin thoroughly moisturized after your first shower, and throughout the life of your tan. Using a tan extending lotion such as Norvell® Sunless Color Extender ProLong™ will keep your sunless color looking fresh and vibrant.
The Norvell® Auto Revolution’s down-draft technology is designed to work with gravity, pulling overspray downward, and limiting over-exposure to inhalation of sprayed solutions.
Studies by the European Commission Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety have shown that limited inhalation of sunless spray solutions should cause no concern. If you are concerned, ask your salon for nose filters.
To minimize exposure to solution spray & overspray, it is recommended to wear nose filters, lip balm and undergarments. Please request these items from your spray tan technician.
- The tan will be more even. With a custom airbrush tan the spray tan artist can control the amount of tanning solution that is being applied. A booth sprays a standard amount in standard directions and you hope that you are positioning correctly. Because a custom airbrush tan is more evenly applied, it will also appear more natural. Clients often remark how the tan is not blotchy or streaky.
- You can breathe normally. In a booth you have to worry (or hold your breath!) the entire time solution is being sprayed. With a custom airbrush tan the overspray is contained and the only time you have to hold your breath is when your face is sprayed.
- The tan dries more quickly. Because the amount of solution is being controlled (by a human) when applied there are no wet spots that cause the tan to blotch or look streaky. With the airbrush tan it does not feel “wet” and it dries instantly!
- Our spray tan artist can customize the tan to be darker in certain areas. Do you like your legs darker than the rest of your body? Or maybe you like your tummy to be extra dark. A booth can’t do that, but we can!. Everyone’s skin is different and certain areas of the body can be resistant to the DHA, so the custom airbrush allows the spray tan artist to spray extra in those areas for the client.